Coyote's Canyon Journal

"Now I see the secret of the making of the best persons. It is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth." -- Walt Whitman, Song of the Open Road

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canyon State of Mind, United States

I enjoy writing. I don't actually make a living with my English degree, so I keep a blog for fun. The blog is first draft, and as a former editor I apologize for any weird errors that may be present. I do not apologize for writing about things that matter to me. Thanks for reading.

Saturday, August 26, 2006

What's next?

I suppose that the name of my blog will no longer be fitting unless I move somewhere that has canyons, which I may do, but not necessarily within the next year. So I've come up with an alternative in the mean time that, as we approach the final move, I will present here. I have not yet decided what will become of the Canyon Journal...I may keep it and reformat it, or retitle it, or put it in hibernation until I am sure of where I am living. It's an exciting problem to have, to be sure. I will begin writing in another blog about New Orleans if all goes as planned and we get moved there temporarily. I may, at that point, reveal my identity.

I still have not decided whether or not to remain anonymous when we move on. Right now it's easier for me to feel comfortable about keeping my identity a secret since I live in such a small town where I would be fairly easy to locate if someone wanted to find me. I hate that thought, especially if the person looking for me didn't like what I wrote. I also have a business to consider--and personal politics are everything in the "outdoor" industry. I still need this last season of hikers in my life before we leave.

So for whoever reads my inner thoughts at this blog address, don't panic. Something interesting will happen as we get moved...where ever that may be. Again, it's an exciting problem to have. I can live with that unknown, and as a woman, I'd say that being able to do that is a miracle of the first order.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home