Coyote's Canyon Journal

"Now I see the secret of the making of the best persons. It is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth." -- Walt Whitman, Song of the Open Road

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canyon State of Mind, United States

I enjoy writing. I don't actually make a living with my English degree, so I keep a blog for fun. The blog is first draft, and as a former editor I apologize for any weird errors that may be present. I do not apologize for writing about things that matter to me. Thanks for reading.

Friday, May 18, 2007

Partying with friends...

I'm visiting friends in KC. I'm at a party right now, actually, having a great time. I haven't seen some of these folks in years. Ack! So I'm sort of a loser, blogging in the office while the party is going on, and everyone is laughing at me from across the room.

My friends are very generous. On Wednesday, one friend had a cocktail party for me and my husband on a moment's notice. Tonight, other friends cooked a great dinner, invited people over, bought lots of beverages, and their kindness is really a tribute to how lucky I have been in my life to have such incredible girlfriends. They are all incredible women, super-strong, very funny, and really smart. And of course, they are all beautiful.

I am lucky. No matter what happens in my life, the girls have been the best, and the brightest, friends anyone could have. They are all yelling now...some kind of party craziness. My friend Kim describes this as "super-sonic." Makes sense. I had better get back to the group.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home