Coyote's Canyon Journal

"Now I see the secret of the making of the best persons. It is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth." -- Walt Whitman, Song of the Open Road

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canyon State of Mind, United States

I enjoy writing. I don't actually make a living with my English degree, so I keep a blog for fun. The blog is first draft, and as a former editor I apologize for any weird errors that may be present. I do not apologize for writing about things that matter to me. Thanks for reading.

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

MarketWatch Op-Ed says legalize it.

Paul B. Farrell: End the war on drugs, start the legalization - MarketWatch

Wow. I never thought I'd see a piece like this on one of Wall Street Journal's business web sites. And I would gather, from the photo of the author provided, that perhaps the older generation is finally realizing that a stoner is a lot less dangerous than an alcoholic.

What I find most interesting about this is Farrell's shout-out to big pharmaceutical firms to lead the legalization discussion and legislation drive. I don't know about that. They have probably done their share of supporting the war on drugs since it has served them financially to do so. It would be smart of them to call for legalization, though. They would instantly be prepared for the distribution end of their new products, farming season notwithstanding for marijuana. But seriously, I would probably never smoke pot grown by Pfizer or Merck just on principal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home