Coyote's Canyon Journal

"Now I see the secret of the making of the best persons. It is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth." -- Walt Whitman, Song of the Open Road

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canyon State of Mind, United States

I enjoy writing. I don't actually make a living with my English degree, so I keep a blog for fun. The blog is first draft, and as a former editor I apologize for any weird errors that may be present. I do not apologize for writing about things that matter to me. Thanks for reading.

Saturday, June 24, 2006

What are the chances?

Man's bottle message found after his death

After you read this story, you will either believe that death is THE END and this is just a huge coincidence, or you believe that death isn't the end and people try to communicate with their loved ones all the time--that this is a "sign."

I believe something must happen after death. Although I love that Albert Brooks film "Defending Your Life" (it is so good) I am certain death isn't like that. I am not sure what it could be, though. I was watching a bit of John Edward last night on the WE channel with a friend and we talked about it. We both agreed that there was something going on after death...we were just unclear about the details.

Some days, I don't believe anything of the sort and I'm a skeptic. But that is usually not any fun--it makes life joyless. There is an ecstasy in the mystery of life--mysteries make for a good adventure. I also love that movie "Fools Rush In." Salma Hayak's character, Isabel, believes that "signs (from God/the universe)are everywhere." I like to believe that too, because there is some comfort in knowing that a bigger plan is out there and you are important in its execution. It's also nice to know that you are receiving communication of some kind. I suppose all I have to say about "signs" is...if you are reminded of something or someone, or inspired to do something because of it, I would say it's a "sign."

Like Bill Engvall says..."Here's your sign..." It makes sense! It's not just funny.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home