Coyote's Canyon Journal

"Now I see the secret of the making of the best persons. It is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth." -- Walt Whitman, Song of the Open Road

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canyon State of Mind, United States

I enjoy writing. I don't actually make a living with my English degree, so I keep a blog for fun. The blog is first draft, and as a former editor I apologize for any weird errors that may be present. I do not apologize for writing about things that matter to me. Thanks for reading.

Saturday, July 01, 2006

Back to New Orleans.

We're going back to New Orleans next week. I had to repost the New Orleans "house I love" picture because I just saw the building in a country music video (I must commend the production designer--very good taste). I recognized it right away. This may have been someone's house at one time, but it is now cut up into smaller apartments. When I was there in December, not all of the tenants were back. There was a ground floor unit that STILL had a broken window.

I am excited to go back, even during hurricane season...even when it's going to be an open-air sauna...even with all the new crime trouble. I don't care. I will get a chance to check in on the place and take its temperature, so to speak. I get the feeling the place may have a fever...I will be busy with work, but I do plan on finding time to look into other interests. Once again, we are driving; it should take three days, give or take a few hours. I love road trips, especially trips with such diverse destinations.

I'll keep everyone posted via the blog...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home