Coyote's Canyon Journal

"Now I see the secret of the making of the best persons. It is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth." -- Walt Whitman, Song of the Open Road

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canyon State of Mind, United States

I enjoy writing. I don't actually make a living with my English degree, so I keep a blog for fun. The blog is first draft, and as a former editor I apologize for any weird errors that may be present. I do not apologize for writing about things that matter to me. Thanks for reading.

Saturday, March 10, 2007

Quote of the Day

Atlas Shrugged -- 50 years later

This is a fine commentary on Ayn Rand and her philosophies. She was, and still is, polarizing, but some of what she writes actually makes some sense. As I've gotten older I can't agree with everything she believed, but she had a few ideas that still resonate with me. And what a gem of a quote the writer of this article threw in at the end:

As Benjamin Franklin said, "By the collision of different sentiments, sparks of truth are struck out, and political light is obtained."

When discussing politics, you must hash out different ideas and listen to people...LISTEN to what they think, and yes, be a flip-flopper. There is nothing wrong with that. NOTHING! An intelligent person changes their mind if an idea is well-argued and supported by facts. I think Americans have forgotten how to listen to each other in political discussion because Congress and the White House set such a bad example for the nation, and the media does NOTHING to help.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home