Coyote's Canyon Journal

"Now I see the secret of the making of the best persons. It is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth." -- Walt Whitman, Song of the Open Road

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canyon State of Mind, United States

I enjoy writing. I don't actually make a living with my English degree, so I keep a blog for fun. The blog is first draft, and as a former editor I apologize for any weird errors that may be present. I do not apologize for writing about things that matter to me. Thanks for reading.

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

The State Trooper.

SO--this is Carolyn (center) and I talking to a Lousiana State Trooper on Lundi Gras. This is a fun story. My friend wanted to know about nudity laws in Louisiana, and we walked over and she asked him about that. He was explaining that from the waist up, it is legal for a woman to be nude. He emphasized the "waist up" part. Then she says...

"Well, I was curious because she (meaning me) wanted to know what it would take to get THAT." Carolyn pointed at his badge, I think--perhaps a lapel pin. I'm not sure. It is at this point the picture was taken...he started guffawing and talking about how he couldn't do that, and how he might lose his job if he did something like that. Carolyn then said..."It would be SO worth it." We were all laughing at that point.

We left him alone after that...I think he was scared that I might show him something, I don't know. But I DID love that badge in the shape of Louisiana. It was cool--COOL.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home