Coyote's Canyon Journal

"Now I see the secret of the making of the best persons. It is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth." -- Walt Whitman, Song of the Open Road

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canyon State of Mind, United States

I enjoy writing. I don't actually make a living with my English degree, so I keep a blog for fun. The blog is first draft, and as a former editor I apologize for any weird errors that may be present. I do not apologize for writing about things that matter to me. Thanks for reading.

Sunday, May 27, 2007

NASA sucks.

Second astronaut fired in NASA love triangle - Yahoo! News

Well FINALLY...they fired the guy, too. About damn time! I would think both would have to be dismissed immediately once their affair was known. But did NASA do that? No. An astronaut has some serious job duties--all of which, if not performed with total concentration and professionalism, will result in death. Just another disappointment for me personally, as far as NASA is concerned. I am not a NASA fan anymore.

Since I am a taxpayer paying for all of this crappy NASA tomfoolery, I just have to vent here and say how really terrible NASA has become in the last decade. It's a freaking joke, and it's a tax money black hole. Its benefits do NOT outweigh its costs. There have been some bright spots...

Hubble Telescope? GOOD! Mars Rovers? GOOD!

But overall...

International space station? BAD! Shuttle program based on 30+ year-old technology and run by a stifling bureaucracy all dolled up by a giant public relations sham? BAD!

I'm tired of paying for this crap. Actually, I would bet that private companies would gladly take over unmanned space experiments, satellite maintenance (hey, Garmin/XM/Dish, et al, have a LOT to lose without satellites!) and telescopes-in-orbit.

NASA sucks. And frankly, Americans can't afford it. I say dump it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home