Coyote's Canyon Journal

"Now I see the secret of the making of the best persons. It is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth." -- Walt Whitman, Song of the Open Road

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canyon State of Mind, United States

I enjoy writing. I don't actually make a living with my English degree, so I keep a blog for fun. The blog is first draft, and as a former editor I apologize for any weird errors that may be present. I do not apologize for writing about things that matter to me. Thanks for reading.

Sunday, March 16, 2008

More moves.

But not in the way you would think.

The course of the last month as been fraught with obstacles, pot holes, drudgery, and drama. There was the move from the country to the inner city, and there was more settling in at the newish job in the big office in the big building in the medium-sized city.

I've only been an employee since January 1, but I have been working there since August. Then out of the blue...

BAM. An offer from a totally different world, doing something totally different, incorporating my love of old buildings, archeology, construction, National Historic places, and design. It's too good to pass up.

I'm terrified to move on; resigning today was one of the hardest things I've ever done, and I wouldn't have even thought I'd be doing such a thing so soon after being hired as an employee.

I am not pie-in-the-sky about employment. I try not to romanticize it. But I can see an actual career at this new place. I just have to live through the next two weeks at my old/new job...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home