Coyote's Canyon Journal

"Now I see the secret of the making of the best persons. It is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth." -- Walt Whitman, Song of the Open Road

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canyon State of Mind, United States

I enjoy writing. I don't actually make a living with my English degree, so I keep a blog for fun. The blog is first draft, and as a former editor I apologize for any weird errors that may be present. I do not apologize for writing about things that matter to me. Thanks for reading.

Monday, October 19, 2009

Sex v. iPhone...as if

Carl Honore: In Praise Of Slow Sex

OK. Upon reading this article I was stunned that ANYONE in the midst of a vital, personal, shared human experience would even CONSIDER having the phone within grasping distance, let alone actually answer a call or a text.

Just some advice here...if these situations have happened to you (either the phone answering person OR the interrupted person) you are in a bad relationship, or one that is in need of serious reconsideration.

If some guy dissed me for Twitter during bedtime he would be shown the door. Conversely, if I was more obsessed with knowing what my FB or Twitter peeps were up to than what was going on between the sheets, I would say that there might be something missing in the relationship...like real intimacy.

I'm just astounded by this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home