Coyote's Canyon Journal

"Now I see the secret of the making of the best persons. It is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth." -- Walt Whitman, Song of the Open Road

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canyon State of Mind, United States

I enjoy writing. I don't actually make a living with my English degree, so I keep a blog for fun. The blog is first draft, and as a former editor I apologize for any weird errors that may be present. I do not apologize for writing about things that matter to me. Thanks for reading.

Monday, November 16, 2009

Moving. Again.

So...here I am. I'm sitting at the computer, about the only thing left in our cute rental where we've been living for a year and a half. Furniture is gone. Clothing is getting boxed up. The TV is still on, but tomorrow it too will be boxed, as will this computer.

It has been a long, strange trip here in Louisville. I've had good jobs, rediscovered singing, lost my dog, been laid off from the best corporate job I've ever had, and collected an obscene amount of clothing for which my possible future may have no need.

We're moving once again. Finally. We had always planned to relocate out west, we just got side tracked helping out family...which is fine. But we need to get on with our life now.

When we sold the Utah business, New Mexico was where we wanted to be. We thought about Texas too, and prices for real estate at the time dictated a Texas move...we never did land there. Now that real estate is becoming less expensive, we're going to look at New Mexico again. Where exactly, I'm sure we'll figure out once we look around. Scary. Exciting. Um...scary.

I'm sort of tired, a little anxious, and trying to organize all the dumb clothes I have. I said good-bye to my singing buddies yesterday, who are deeply troubled by my departure, which is sweet. I hope that I can find another singing situation quickly. I'm not going to be unrealistic about what kind of commitment I can give to singing, though, as my husband and I have decided to start another company and build a house in the coming year. If something happens, it happens. I'm imminently flexible, low maintenance, and generally pretty happy to strike out on new adventures and meet new people. We landed on our feet here in Kentucky, and made stuff happen. I'm sure it will be no different in New Mexico, and that we may even find more like-minded people that 'get' us.

The first stop on the move west will be El Paso to check in with my father-in-law. Should be interesting. I haven't seen him since 1997.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home