Coyote's Canyon Journal

"Now I see the secret of the making of the best persons. It is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth." -- Walt Whitman, Song of the Open Road

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canyon State of Mind, United States

I enjoy writing. I don't actually make a living with my English degree, so I keep a blog for fun. The blog is first draft, and as a former editor I apologize for any weird errors that may be present. I do not apologize for writing about things that matter to me. Thanks for reading.

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Those wacky celebrities

Sean Penn beats FEMA to New Orleans

We all want to help in some way during these trying times. We sit and watch TV and feel helpless to an extent, and doing something would be better than doing nothing. But sometimes, I think that helping out is not altruistic in the real sense of the word. Sometimes, helping out makes YOU feel better, your ego is assuaged if it is HUGE, and at the bottom end, something gets done that helps someone else, and YOU end up being the big hero. Now I want to know (and I am sure all Americans who have a burning anger and deep desire to do something would like to know, too) HOW IN THE WORLD SEAN PENN was able to go into New Orleans and help people when the Red Cross couldn't even get in until two days ago?

I didn't want to admit it, but now I'm sure that western civilization really IS in decline...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home