Coyote's Canyon Journal

"Now I see the secret of the making of the best persons. It is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth." -- Walt Whitman, Song of the Open Road

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canyon State of Mind, United States

I enjoy writing. I don't actually make a living with my English degree, so I keep a blog for fun. The blog is first draft, and as a former editor I apologize for any weird errors that may be present. I do not apologize for writing about things that matter to me. Thanks for reading.

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Hello, Kansas?

Wichita Eagle | Teen-sex decision next week, judge says

Families who believe that some things are better kept private have to be in shock that the future of their family's privacy is in the hands of a federal judge. I cannot believe it. What are they putting in the water over there in Kansas? I grew up in Kansas; I would have never imagined that someday in the future the state would want gynecological records of a minor if they didn't conform to "virginal" standards. I could not agree more with this editorial:

Kline values girls' privacy less than boys'

This is utter crap, and if I were still a Kansas tax-payer, I would be furious that my money was being spent on this sexist, anti-privacy litigation.

I believe that girls should be prudent in their early sexual life, but that is the sole burden of the parents and the family. There is no reason for anyone else to become involved, especially government.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home