Coyote's Canyon Journal

"Now I see the secret of the making of the best persons. It is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth." -- Walt Whitman, Song of the Open Road

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canyon State of Mind, United States

I enjoy writing. I don't actually make a living with my English degree, so I keep a blog for fun. The blog is first draft, and as a former editor I apologize for any weird errors that may be present. I do not apologize for writing about things that matter to me. Thanks for reading.

Monday, August 28, 2006

XM to Ax MSNBC

Save MSNBC (Ch 130) on XM Satellite Radio

On September 4, XM will discontinue its feed of MSNBC on Channel 130. As a regular MSNBC viewer and listener via XM, this decision makes me mad--pig-biting mad, even. I found an online petition to sign for XM subscribers who agree that XM should keep MSNBC as a news outlet. If you like a varied choice of news channels on XM, follow the link above and sign the petition.

I am no industry insider. I don't know if MSNBC didn't want to be carried, or if they wanted more money, or if XM just didn't want them anymore. I don't even know if 300 or 400 names on a petition will make a difference anyway if the money end of this agreement is why it broke down. But this sure makes me sad because I was sooooo looking forward to having MSNBC via the XM when we moved since we won't be hooking up the TV or Dish Network anytime soon.

*SIGH*

You bastards!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home