Coyote's Canyon Journal

"Now I see the secret of the making of the best persons. It is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth." -- Walt Whitman, Song of the Open Road

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canyon State of Mind, United States

I enjoy writing. I don't actually make a living with my English degree, so I keep a blog for fun. The blog is first draft, and as a former editor I apologize for any weird errors that may be present. I do not apologize for writing about things that matter to me. Thanks for reading.

Thursday, October 19, 2006

The Constitution, Article 1, Section 9...gone.

Bush signs bill on terror prosecution - Yahoo! News

And in other news today, aside from Madonna in Africa, the United States of America as we know it died a very quiet death.

Now, if you are deemed an "enemy combatant," you too can be thrown away in some hole for the rest of your life with no trial. I wonder when newspaper editors, bloggers, and television producers that disagree with the government will start to be arrested. Far fetched, perhaps. Impossible? Not anymore.

Sleep, America, sleep. Watch your shows on TV. Go shopping. Worry about your mortgage and your credit cards. Shhhhh, shhhhh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home