Coyote's Canyon Journal

"Now I see the secret of the making of the best persons. It is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth." -- Walt Whitman, Song of the Open Road

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canyon State of Mind, United States

I enjoy writing. I don't actually make a living with my English degree, so I keep a blog for fun. The blog is first draft, and as a former editor I apologize for any weird errors that may be present. I do not apologize for writing about things that matter to me. Thanks for reading.

Thursday, March 15, 2007

IKEA

IKEA | United States

So I finally got to go inside an IKEA store for the first time in my life on Tuesday night.

*sigh*

It was just as incredible as I knew it would be. It got me jazzed in about 154 different ways about business ideas, home-building ideas, and just appreciating interesting design ideas. They have a restaurant tucked into the store about midway through, serving--yep--Swedish Meatballs. They also have a daycare center if you want to drop yer little bundle off while you do grown-up stuff and wander the store.

The items are affordable as well. You can build a kitchen, furnish a living room, and provide lighting for your entire house for around $3500 (maybe even less than that).

Yeah, it's a big box store, and perhaps that's a turn-off for some. But it is a great place to wander if you're about to build a new home, or start a new business. IKEA is definiately not for people that like antiques or fussy, overly-ornate furniture or chandeliers. That would put most of New Orleans' residents in the "not interested" category; the IKEA we visited is in Austin, Texas, one of the most progessive cities in the U.S.

I hope to go back in a few months to pick out the better part of my new home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home