Coyote's Canyon Journal

"Now I see the secret of the making of the best persons. It is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth." -- Walt Whitman, Song of the Open Road

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canyon State of Mind, United States

I enjoy writing. I don't actually make a living with my English degree, so I keep a blog for fun. The blog is first draft, and as a former editor I apologize for any weird errors that may be present. I do not apologize for writing about things that matter to me. Thanks for reading.

Thursday, March 29, 2007

New Orleans gives little gifts...

It's like the city knows we're not long for her precincts...and gives us little presents that make her so seductive, so interesting. For instance...

The photo at right is an old hearse. Yes. An old hearse that has been leased for the filming of a motion picture. The wall is Lafayette Cemetery Number 1, just a block from where I live. The filming is going on around the cemetery this week and involves a funeral I suppose, so this old hearse has been brought in. The film crew also has a mock casket within the hearse. In this photo, it was sitting on Coliseum Street, as were many other old wagons. All the cars were GONE. GONE. At night, it was like looking back in time to the 1860s when you walked by. It was a gift that not many people get, you know...a visual time machine, thanks to Hollywood. Another great pic my husband took:

Yes, we walk at night. C'mon, walk with us. We get coffee, talk politics, economics, and the crazy soap opera that is New Orleans.

It was amazing to be able to look back in time. This is not the first strange thing that has happened to me here...


This photo is of the hearse, but later. This is the ONLY photo in this sequence of photos that had orbs. I wonder...

######

I apologize for the post about the electric car. I was so pissed off that I could barely form a sentence, let alone write a coherent blog post. If I was publishing that, for real, I would have given it at least two or three more drafts. It's a good idea; it was really difficult to write about in a passionate moment. I felt the same way after I saw "The Corporation," and "Tucker: A Man and His Dream."

Anger. I wonder why more people aren't as angry as they were in the 1960s. Really. Why is that? We're in an immoral war, we have less freedom than we did then...where's the anger? Where's the righteous indignation?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home