Coyote's Canyon Journal

"Now I see the secret of the making of the best persons. It is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth." -- Walt Whitman, Song of the Open Road

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canyon State of Mind, United States

I enjoy writing. I don't actually make a living with my English degree, so I keep a blog for fun. The blog is first draft, and as a former editor I apologize for any weird errors that may be present. I do not apologize for writing about things that matter to me. Thanks for reading.

Sunday, May 27, 2007

People...*sigh*

So I'm walking my really old dog today outside of the condo building. A New Orleans Metro bus stop is mere steps from my door, and since the street cars are STILL not running, tourists are taking the bus uptown.

So this really clean-cut young couple step off of the bus and start wandering around toward the bad part of uptown a block away, instead of the nicer part of the Garden District and toward Commander's Palace. I began to get concerned for them when they had to stop and take a picture of an old Victorian home next door as the hubby/dude/guy fumbled around with the cheezy tourist map. As a former tourism professional, I HAD to step in...

"Hey," I quasi-yelled over the roar of St. Charles traffic. "The cemetery is that way."

They looked up and said, "That way?" and pointed.

"Yes, that way!"

Morons. But that's not all. THEN...

"Do you know where Brad and Angelina live?"

Do people really want to know that? Really? They need to get a life.

I answered that I wasn't sure, and that they were in Cannes, anyway. The lady smiled REALLY big, and said:

"I KNOW!"

People...*sigh*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home