Coyote's Canyon Journal

"Now I see the secret of the making of the best persons. It is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth." -- Walt Whitman, Song of the Open Road

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canyon State of Mind, United States

I enjoy writing. I don't actually make a living with my English degree, so I keep a blog for fun. The blog is first draft, and as a former editor I apologize for any weird errors that may be present. I do not apologize for writing about things that matter to me. Thanks for reading.

Sunday, July 08, 2007

Our stuff.

My husband returned today from a quick drive to Texas and back to retrieve our household items that have been in storage since December. They are dusty, and a little moving damaged. There are rub marks on some of the wooden furniture items.

*sigh*

He's sleeping now since he drove all night to get back, and I'm slowly going through everything, sort of trying to sort and unload. It is really HOT here today for the first time since we moved here, and when I'm in the back of the trailer going through crap it's like a sauna. It's good AND bad, all at the same time. Looking at my stuff I feel ridiculous and weird, because I lived without it for seven months and was totally OK. BUT...I was so happy to see our little quality art collection, and to have a trunk that my grandpa made by hand just for me. And I am thrilled to have the camping gear and the golf clubs back in my life.

The golf clubs languished in Utah during our days as outfitters. We never got out and golfed when we did have what little time off that we could find. There really wasn't much golf to be found, and in fact we were more busy hiking since Utah is really a good place for that. Now, we can sort of get back to golf, and it will be great because I get all the free golf I want at my new job--more about that later.

I have my microwave back, too--it was totally weird shopping for groceries keeping in mind that we had no microwave for a month right after we got to Louisville. It wasn't bad, and we did eat healthier! So, maybe it's good to make every other grocery shopping outing one in which you pretend to not own a microwave. Hm.

Well, it is time to go back to the U-Haul trailer sauna...ugh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home