Coyote's Canyon Journal

"Now I see the secret of the making of the best persons. It is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth." -- Walt Whitman, Song of the Open Road

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canyon State of Mind, United States

I enjoy writing. I don't actually make a living with my English degree, so I keep a blog for fun. The blog is first draft, and as a former editor I apologize for any weird errors that may be present. I do not apologize for writing about things that matter to me. Thanks for reading.

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Adieu, New Orleans


This picture was taken by my husband last night. We were walking in the French Quarter between thunderstorms (very appropriate) and as we got to the end of Bourbon Street, where it meets Esplanade, we saw this. This is my OTHER favorite old building in New Orleans that has been for sale off and on since we arrived in December. It is totally empty, totally creepy, and totally wonderful. The light in the sky is a flash of lightning that happened to occur right as he took the photo...it looks like either the sun is rising or a UFO landing is imminent.

I am sad to be leaving here. I've grown used to New Orleans in so many ways--being able to walk to the store, to coffee shops, to just walk and be so entertained has been great. Where we are moving we'll have to drive to any shopping, and I won't like that as much. But mark my words, I'll be back. Often. And I'll check in on this old house, to be sure. It's fabulous. I really want it, but I can't have it. Such is life.

Until I reach my old Kentucky home...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home