Coyote's Canyon Journal

"Now I see the secret of the making of the best persons. It is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth." -- Walt Whitman, Song of the Open Road

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canyon State of Mind, United States

I enjoy writing. I don't actually make a living with my English degree, so I keep a blog for fun. The blog is first draft, and as a former editor I apologize for any weird errors that may be present. I do not apologize for writing about things that matter to me. Thanks for reading.

Thursday, August 30, 2007

What's The Big Idea?

The Big Idea: Donny Deutsch - CNBC.com

I love this show. I watched it rarely when it started because it was just a celebrity/newsmaker interview show. The format has changed lately though and is now all about small business, people living their dream, running their own show, and making a bunch of money.

Listening to these people and their success stories gives me hope and gets me thinking about my big ideas. The prevailing theme with all of the stories seems to be, "I had an idea for a business. I didn't know ANYTHING about it. I just jumped in." And as a former business owner, that is true. You don't know a thing, and it's scary, but you learn along the way.

And the bigger the jump, the bigger the payoff if you succeed. And the people he interviews have faced all of this, and sometimes, worse, but still made it.

I can do it, too. I have before, I know I can again...now, what's my big idea?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home