Coyote's Canyon Journal

"Now I see the secret of the making of the best persons. It is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth." -- Walt Whitman, Song of the Open Road

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canyon State of Mind, United States

I enjoy writing. I don't actually make a living with my English degree, so I keep a blog for fun. The blog is first draft, and as a former editor I apologize for any weird errors that may be present. I do not apologize for writing about things that matter to me. Thanks for reading.

Monday, August 27, 2007

Mammoth Cave

Mammoth Cave National Park - National Park Service

We went to Mammoth Cave National Park yesterday. It was the perfect Sunday afternoon. We took a hike, went down by the Green River and had a picnic lunch and splashed, then we went into The Cave.

The Cave wasn't as neato as I remembered it being in 1996; however, we did do a different cave tour this time, and it has been eleven years and LOADS of amazing wild west scenery since that day in May of '96.

Once again, I am at a crossroads in my life, and Mammoth Cave is part of this moment, the "ground zero" of "moving on." I was hoping something life-changing, amazing, astonishing, whatever, would happen today, as my last visit to Mammoth Cave augured meeting my husband.

But nothing happened today of any import. I got up and went to work. I know that I shouldn't have thought ANYTHING would happen...maybe something will happen yet, but I think that the real change agent in my life has been ME! Fortune favors the brave, and I have been fortunate that my bravery has served me well. You can't win if you don't play, ya know?

But I did decide yesterday, lunching lazily by the river, that I was going back and going canoing. It's only an hour and a half away, and totally gorgeous. Forget the cave.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home