Coyote's Canyon Journal

"Now I see the secret of the making of the best persons. It is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth." -- Walt Whitman, Song of the Open Road

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canyon State of Mind, United States

I enjoy writing. I don't actually make a living with my English degree, so I keep a blog for fun. The blog is first draft, and as a former editor I apologize for any weird errors that may be present. I do not apologize for writing about things that matter to me. Thanks for reading.

Friday, July 20, 2007

Corporate America STILL Sucks.

I'm still looking around for more fulfilling employment...fulfilling as in, I would like to see more money fulfilling my bank account needs. I realize I am a highly specialized person and my skills and abilities are not within normal expectations for a company looking to find just the right person to fit into a corporate team.

So I'm looking this morning and find this job:

Requirements:
10 years+ in an administrative compacity.
Must be able to work in a collaborative environment and provide additional support to team members.
Proficient in all Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
Must present self professionally.
Able to build strong working relationships with people, internally and externally.
Demonstrates ability to manage difficult people and situations, remaining in control and professional at all times.
Understand need for high degree of confidentiality.
Possesses a strong sense of urgency
Stickler for accuracy (spelling, grammar, numbers) in all written correspondence.
Ability to balance multiple initiatives, prioritize workload, and successfully drive projects to a close.
Excellent telephone etiquette.


OK. Notice the skill set I have bolded. Now, why on EARTH would I want to even apply for this job if I already know I might have to go off on some asshole that's being arbitrary for no reason, really?

Yeah, I really want this job BAD, Corporate America...I want to have to control myself because someone else isn't being professional. COME ON! And people wonder why I started my own business...I can tell you it was EXACTLY because of things like this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home