Coyote's Canyon Journal

"Now I see the secret of the making of the best persons. It is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth." -- Walt Whitman, Song of the Open Road

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canyon State of Mind, United States

I enjoy writing. I don't actually make a living with my English degree, so I keep a blog for fun. The blog is first draft, and as a former editor I apologize for any weird errors that may be present. I do not apologize for writing about things that matter to me. Thanks for reading.

Friday, August 24, 2007

Long Time No Post.

SO...

A lot has happened in the last few weeks. I've taken a temporary job downtown--unbelievable! I work in a big office building on floor 27 doing fixes on a huge web site. There are some issues with it and getting it to work for the folks that hired me, and I seem to be helping out.

Crazy. I never would have guessed that after 12 years I could just walk into an office, sit down, get on a computer, and be the hero.

I have four more weeks, after which I may or may not be hired permanently. I had to buy office clothes.

God help me.

Now, I haven't been shopping for this kind of stuff in a long time and I'm not real sure if I did very well. And I don't really understand "Casual Friday" because I still can't wear whatever I want. Khakis and a nice shirt, yes. Clam diggers and a tunic? No. And no sandals. Bummer.

I enjoy the work. It's challenging, and a great culmination of what I learned on my own since 1998 building web sites. The people I work with couldn't be nicer. Just nice nice. And very complimentary.

I still can't believe somebody hired me without having anyone to call for a reference. No matter what happens with this job, I know I'll come away with a glowing recommendation, which is great, because it is a very prestigious firm.

Not much else to say, except that it's going much better than I could have ever guessed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home