Coyote's Canyon Journal

"Now I see the secret of the making of the best persons. It is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth." -- Walt Whitman, Song of the Open Road

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canyon State of Mind, United States

I enjoy writing. I don't actually make a living with my English degree, so I keep a blog for fun. The blog is first draft, and as a former editor I apologize for any weird errors that may be present. I do not apologize for writing about things that matter to me. Thanks for reading.

Saturday, September 01, 2007

Did you know...

Trademark Official Gazette

Did you know that A&E Networks is planning a new program called "Paranormal State?" That Jimmy Buffet's sprawling "Margaritaville" empire will soon include bottled beer and package alcohol? That the City of New Orleans is planning on making key chains, cuff links and glassware using their famous water meter cover design?

Well, if you're totally bored and feel like browsing through a 1,794 page pdf file, you too could find out all this stuff. It's the Trademark Official Gazette for the week of August 28, 2007. You wouldn't believe the stuff/phrases/words that people trademark. This process costs $275 at a minimum.

Some of the words/phrases are really pedestrian, like "Peggy Daven" of Palm Beach, Florida. She'll be making jewelry and leather goods. Then there's "I am god's favorite," for key chains and jewelry. That's right...you may no longer create a key chain that says "I am god's favorite" without threat of legal action. "FabUlust" is a pharmacutical for inducing, well, you know...

And Greg Norman, the golfer? He's getting into the beef, veal, lamb, and pork business, "prepared frozen and packaged entrees."

I can't stop looking. It's not boring, but it could be relaxing enough to cure insomnia. I'll remember this page next time I can't sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home