Coyote's Canyon Journal

"Now I see the secret of the making of the best persons. It is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth." -- Walt Whitman, Song of the Open Road

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canyon State of Mind, United States

I enjoy writing. I don't actually make a living with my English degree, so I keep a blog for fun. The blog is first draft, and as a former editor I apologize for any weird errors that may be present. I do not apologize for writing about things that matter to me. Thanks for reading.

Friday, June 27, 2008

Gas is $9.40 a gallon in Germany.

German man torches car to protest high gas prices - Yahoo! News

The U.S. would come to a screeching halt if gasoline got to, say, $7 a gallon (which would occur at the $200 a barrel mark, which we aren't at all far from right now).

Poor dude. At least in Europe there is decent public transportation across the entire continent.

It's time to buy canned and dry foods in bulk while they are still relatively cheap (if you're into saving your money, anyway). You'd see a lot of empty shelves in grocery stores at $7 a gallon gas.

The worst is yet to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home