Coyote's Canyon Journal

"Now I see the secret of the making of the best persons. It is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth." -- Walt Whitman, Song of the Open Road

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canyon State of Mind, United States

I enjoy writing. I don't actually make a living with my English degree, so I keep a blog for fun. The blog is first draft, and as a former editor I apologize for any weird errors that may be present. I do not apologize for writing about things that matter to me. Thanks for reading.

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Aw nuts.

Florida moves to ban fake testicles on vehicles | U.S. | Reuters

The first time I saw a pair of "Truck Nutz" I was totally offended. I hated them. I wanted them GONE from my line of vision.

What kind of sick motherf*ker hangs a pair of plastic, Made-in-China testicles from their vehicle? I don't run in those circles, so I wouldn't know the motivation behind such an offensive decoration.

I'm perplexed, though, that lawmakers have to step in and speak to this. Aren't they busy enough? What the hell? Personally, I don't care what people do with their property. Far be it from me to tell anyone how they should decorate their vehicle.

From the Confederate Flag to the bad-kid-pissing-on-whatever, there has been and will always be some way for drivers to make a statement about themselves that they can communicate to other drivers with whom they share the highways and byways of America.

Maybe that's not such a bad thing.

Now when I see a truck with nuts hanging from the hitch I just get away from it as fast as I can. So you see, as offensive as that bit of decor is, it is an excellent clue into the mind of the driver.

Nut lovers, please keep your nuts hanging from the hitch so I know exactly who I should pass as quickly as possible when I'm out and about.

And Florida lawmakers...for the love of god...get some real work done! You can start by proposing a ban on mud flaps with the reclining chrome chick.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home