Coyote's Canyon Journal

"Now I see the secret of the making of the best persons. It is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth." -- Walt Whitman, Song of the Open Road

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canyon State of Mind, United States

I enjoy writing. I don't actually make a living with my English degree, so I keep a blog for fun. The blog is first draft, and as a former editor I apologize for any weird errors that may be present. I do not apologize for writing about things that matter to me. Thanks for reading.

Friday, September 05, 2008

Minnesota, 2008: pt. 2


We wandered in downtown Minneapolis one afternoon; its architecture and art was captivating and entertaining, like the "bean" bronzes in front of the Federal Court House. The "bad bean" being carried away by the police in this sculpture (notice real police in the background) even had media coverage. See the "media" bean, below.

Right across the street from the beans was city hall, a Richardsonian Romanesque delight. Oh my heart!


The new library building was pretty impressive, too. The cantilevered UFO awning thing was pretty awesome. The white window panels were pixillated photos of either birch or aspen standing together. Very cool.

If this isn't Orwellian then I don't know what is. Click on the photo for a better look at the wording.

Old bridge, part of the Mill Ruins area along the riverfront.

Excellent life-size frog bronze on the riverfront walk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home