Coyote's Canyon Journal

"Now I see the secret of the making of the best persons. It is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth." -- Walt Whitman, Song of the Open Road

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canyon State of Mind, United States

I enjoy writing. I don't actually make a living with my English degree, so I keep a blog for fun. The blog is first draft, and as a former editor I apologize for any weird errors that may be present. I do not apologize for writing about things that matter to me. Thanks for reading.

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

The All-Hurricane Channel

Cable News Giants Considering All-Hurricane Channel -- The Garlic

Damn. Why didn't I think of this?

Spoof aside, this is a great idea. The Dish Network, a satellite television provider, actually has an "all-hurricane" channel called "ERIN," The Emergency Response and Information Network. It's a 24/7 scroll of contact web sites and phone numbers for emergency and disaster aid and information, set to a calming background of new age, light classical, or groovy jazz music.

In any case, if there had been an "all-hurricane" channel, I would have been able to watch real news for the last ten days. Now there is a new tropical depression in the Gulf. *sigh* I wonder when cable news channels will actually begin reporting the news again, stuff like Bill Frist's stock sales, Tom Delay's fund-raising buddies, and the "Able Danger" Senate hearings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home