Coyote's Canyon Journal

"Now I see the secret of the making of the best persons. It is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth." -- Walt Whitman, Song of the Open Road

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canyon State of Mind, United States

I enjoy writing. I don't actually make a living with my English degree, so I keep a blog for fun. The blog is first draft, and as a former editor I apologize for any weird errors that may be present. I do not apologize for writing about things that matter to me. Thanks for reading.

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Vindication

FTC Investigates gas price profiteering -- Reuters.com

Well it's about damn time somebody looked into these insane gasoline prices. For a few months, I thought I was one of maybe 12,765 people that thought refineries were offline on purpose so oil companies' profits would rise by keeping gas high during the busy summer season.

I posted this on August 5 of this year:

It seems...that all these refineries are not re-opening arbitrarily. The oil companies see that summer is a big gas consumption time and why should they reopen if no one is complaining about gas prices? I mean, a nickel more for gas for us means MILLIONS more for them in profit since they get a percentage from pump prices and not a set amount per gallon.


Now I see I am not alone in my suspicions, thank god...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home