Coyote's Canyon Journal

"Now I see the secret of the making of the best persons. It is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth." -- Walt Whitman, Song of the Open Road

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canyon State of Mind, United States

I enjoy writing. I don't actually make a living with my English degree, so I keep a blog for fun. The blog is first draft, and as a former editor I apologize for any weird errors that may be present. I do not apologize for writing about things that matter to me. Thanks for reading.

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Ugggghhhhhh.....

CNN.com - Defense: Lynndie England love-struck

At first I was all for women serving in the armed forces with men, right up there with them. This is just one more reason NOT to have women working with men in the Army: hormones.

These soldiers should have been all about work, taking their prison job as seriously as they could; instead, they were hooking up on the side. Putting men and women together in stressful situations where you don't see your spouse for long periods of time doesn't bode well, either. It makes me wonder just how much horseplay is going on in Iraq when it should be damn serious business.

On the love side of the issue...oh dear god...personally, I can think of many other things are so much more romantic than degrading a human being and taking pictures. I can just hear the conversation now: "Honey, let's a put leash on that one tonight...yesss." That is disgusting.

This story ALONE is reason enough for women to not be in the rank and file armed services. You can't do your life-and-death job well AT ALL when you are worried or daydreaming or whatever about somebody that you LOVE that is right next to you! It just doesn't work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home