Coyote's Canyon Journal

"Now I see the secret of the making of the best persons. It is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth." -- Walt Whitman, Song of the Open Road

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canyon State of Mind, United States

I enjoy writing. I don't actually make a living with my English degree, so I keep a blog for fun. The blog is first draft, and as a former editor I apologize for any weird errors that may be present. I do not apologize for writing about things that matter to me. Thanks for reading.

Sunday, October 16, 2005

Can't Wait for 2008

The Moderate Voice - Poll Says Most Now View Bush Presidency As Unsuccessful

I'm going to have to agree with the folks that were polled who think this administration is a total failure:

Cronyism is bad, but this is worse. In a word, foul. The American people DESERVE better leadership. Do I even have to bring up Michael Brown?

Now, after all that time in jail, Miller just can't remember... I get a very strong feeling that Libby will take the fall for the leak, and Rove will come away clean...no matter what happens, someone is going to be indicted and the American people DESERVE better leadership.

Bill Frist's not-so-blind trust stock sell-off? The American people DESERVE better leadership.

Tom Delay's fund-raising and law-breaking in Texas? The American people DESERVE better leadership.

The President's nomination of Harriet Miers when the woman can't write a coherent sentence? What, pray tell, would her judicial opinions look like? *sigh* The American people DESERVE better leadership.

We don't deserve this crap. You can't tell me there aren't any ethical senators and congresspeople that could easily replace Delay and Frist. You can't tell me that nobody else is better suited to SCOTUS than Harriet Miers. You can't tell me that the White House staff is above board when they have this "leak" problem.

I'm so sick of politics as usual that I couldn't write for a week because I was so irritated by the news. What more can you say about all this, really? The headlines speak for themselves; the tree of this presidency produces bad fruit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home