Coyote's Canyon Journal

"Now I see the secret of the making of the best persons. It is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth." -- Walt Whitman, Song of the Open Road

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canyon State of Mind, United States

I enjoy writing. I don't actually make a living with my English degree, so I keep a blog for fun. The blog is first draft, and as a former editor I apologize for any weird errors that may be present. I do not apologize for writing about things that matter to me. Thanks for reading.

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Downwind...again?

Kanab residents to rally against blast

Unbelievably, here's something that everyone in Utah can agree on. No one here wants to be downwind from any kind of bomb testing, ever again. I just spoke with some folks in town that said the government was still paying out cancer medical claims to their families from the nuclear testing that went on in Nevada in the 60s and 70s. Aren't there computer programs that can virtually test explosions these days? Or are we really in need of this dog-and-pony show for the third world's emerging nuclear arsenal?

I got this email today. I thought I'd share with whoever might be reading my blog:

CONCERNED ABOUT THE DIVINE STRAKE TEST AND RESUMED TESTING AT THE NEVADA TEST SITE?

DIVINE STRAKE HAS BEEN POSTPONED, BUT NOT CANCELLED. WITH YOUR HELP IT CAN BE STOPPED.

FOR MORE INFORMATION GO TO: www.stopdivinestrake.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home