Coyote's Canyon Journal

"Now I see the secret of the making of the best persons. It is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth." -- Walt Whitman, Song of the Open Road

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canyon State of Mind, United States

I enjoy writing. I don't actually make a living with my English degree, so I keep a blog for fun. The blog is first draft, and as a former editor I apologize for any weird errors that may be present. I do not apologize for writing about things that matter to me. Thanks for reading.

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Things I Love

These are some things I love; besides the top eight entries, the rest aren't in any particular order--they are just things I love. This list isn't exactly complete, but it is a good cross-section of most of the things that warm my heart and make me smile. I am a social liberal and a fiscal conservative. I'm a very right-leaning libertarian when push comes to shove. I hate big government anything. That being said, I DO love:

1. my husband 2. my dog--and dogs in general 3. my cats--and cats in general 4. my old friends in Kansas City, & new friends anywhere 5. hiking 6. camping 7. canoeing 8. music, including: bluegrass, standards, Broadway, Early music, country, pop--if the tune is decent I will like it. I dislike opera immensely. 9. almost any bread 10. steak 11. ribs & real BBQ 12. most cheeses 13. turkey dinner 15. a cold microbrew beer on a hot day--notice I said beer, not "beers." 16. alfalfa sprouts 17. spinach salad with bacon or raspberry vinaigrette dressing 18. Mexican food 19. Chinese food

20. old empty farm houses 21. fall colors 22. New Orleans 23. San Francisco 24. Texas 25. Oklahoma 26. smelling fragrant flowers 27. the scent of freshly cut grass 28. the smell of the desert after rain 29. Victorian or Adobe homes that have been kept or restored with care 30. big porches with swings 31. jumping in a cool lake or river on a hot day 32. skinny dipping 33. canyon country of the American Southwest 34. Southwestern Colorado 35. Scotland 36. old cathedrals 37. epic road trips 38. taking a luke-warm shower after a long, hot hike 39. getting into a bed with line-dried sheets

40. sleeping and dreaming 41. camp fires 42. star gazing 43. walks at sunset 44. large metropolitan art galleries 45. giant, crazy music or food festivals 46. Dead show parking lots & Dead shows in general before "A Touch of Gray" came out 47. Grace & Holy Trinity Cathedral, KCMO 48. pondering quantum physics and string theory 49. archaeology 50. thunderstorms 51. Badminton 52. IKEA 53. Scrabble 54. black jack 55. Nevada 56. New Mexico 57. quality coffee 58. fresh squeezed orange juice 59. lobster and shell fish

60. Dwell magazine 61. bagpipes 62. peach tea, iced or hot 63. mocha frappucino at Starbuck's (I know, I know...) 64. home made rolls & pastry 65. a good phone call 66. yoga 67. golf 68. maple syrup 69. The USA 70. walking in a light rain 71. a foo foo drink by the pool in Las Vegas on a blistering hot day 72. water parks 73. fried chicken 74. the sound of wind in the trees 75. teeny tiny frogs 76. cheesecake 77. chocolate mousse 78. laughing until I cry 79. small town squares with old courthouses 80. small businesses and entrepreneurial enterprise 81. freedom

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home