Coyote's Canyon Journal

"Now I see the secret of the making of the best persons. It is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth." -- Walt Whitman, Song of the Open Road

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canyon State of Mind, United States

I enjoy writing. I don't actually make a living with my English degree, so I keep a blog for fun. The blog is first draft, and as a former editor I apologize for any weird errors that may be present. I do not apologize for writing about things that matter to me. Thanks for reading.

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Happy Halloween!

We enjoyed our last Halloween party here last Saturday evening. It was sort of sad, because we said good-bye to few people that we know we might never see again. Last year, we were the last people out the door...we closed that party down! And I am glad that we did, in retrospect.

The doors closed on our business for the season--and for us, forever--on Sunday. Now we're just going through crap and getting things boxed up and thrown away. I packed a box today chock full of stuff. Being a cardboard box, it ripped on me, so I had to unpack it and repack it. In this process, I ended up throwing out so much more stuff. Perhaps I'll continue to do that...box stuff...unbox it...throw more stuff away...rebox. It seemed to work well.

In any case, this photo is me at the big party on Saturday. My only wish is that I could keep my friend's awesome tooled-leather gun belt. That piece made the costume and it is bad-ass in every way, including bullet holsters around the back of the belt. I am considering re-doing this costume for Mardi Gras in New Orleans. Time will tell. I did not actually carry any bullets or fire arms in the belt, if readers are wondering.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home