Coyote's Canyon Journal

"Now I see the secret of the making of the best persons. It is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth." -- Walt Whitman, Song of the Open Road

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canyon State of Mind, United States

I enjoy writing. I don't actually make a living with my English degree, so I keep a blog for fun. The blog is first draft, and as a former editor I apologize for any weird errors that may be present. I do not apologize for writing about things that matter to me. Thanks for reading.

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Guns and Camping

Ashton Packs (Heat) for Camping Trip - TMZ.com

In a place like Malibu that is close to a large population center, there is an increased risk of nutjobs wandering by the campsite, so a gun would be useful. Have you ever seen stories about how scary and lawless Angeles National Forest is? It's totally creepy. So Ashton carrying is OK by me.

California is a beautiful state, and there are lots of better places to get away and enjoy nature. Not to dis Malibu, but...personally, I would have chosen someplace inconvenient to photogs if I was in Mr. Kutcher's shoes, maybe the Anza-Borrego Desert State Park outside of San Diego or Joshua Tree National Park or Sequoia National Forest.

I think that nobody would have known who he was or even bothered him and his friends if they had gone WAY out of town, all dirty and goofy like guys are wont to do when they get together for an outdoor outing. Then the gun would have been no big deal since they would have been WAY out in the wilderness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home