Coyote's Canyon Journal

"Now I see the secret of the making of the best persons. It is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth." -- Walt Whitman, Song of the Open Road

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canyon State of Mind, United States

I enjoy writing. I don't actually make a living with my English degree, so I keep a blog for fun. The blog is first draft, and as a former editor I apologize for any weird errors that may be present. I do not apologize for writing about things that matter to me. Thanks for reading.

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

That Chris Rose!

As not read by Oprah - NOLA.com

This is unbelievable. Oprah wants Chris on her show, but she won't talk about his book. Unreal. If she had read it she'd be talking about it, by golly.

I read it over a year ago on one of our month-long visits to the Big Uneasy. I laughed. I cried. I laughed some more.

It's called "1 Dead in Attic." Simon & Schuster just picked it up and I couldn't be happier for Chris because this is a great book. It's a collection of stories about That Damn Storm and its aftermath. As I was reading it, I was stunned that it hadn't been picked up by a big publishing house, actually. Now it has.

And now, Oprah wants his soul to make good TV--but no book plug, under any circumstances.

I bought an "O" magazine for the first time ever last month. After reading Chris' Oprah story, I feel creeped out for having done so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home