Coyote's Canyon Journal

"Now I see the secret of the making of the best persons. It is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth." -- Walt Whitman, Song of the Open Road

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canyon State of Mind, United States

I enjoy writing. I don't actually make a living with my English degree, so I keep a blog for fun. The blog is first draft, and as a former editor I apologize for any weird errors that may be present. I do not apologize for writing about things that matter to me. Thanks for reading.

Saturday, March 29, 2008

What????

Gray Wolf Hunts Planned After De-Listing

I hate this. I understand, after living in the rural west, how ranchers and rednecks feel about wolves. Trust me, it's icky and Victorian in its violence and ideological dominance of God's creation.

I also understand that if you are running a cattle ranch and your stock is being attacked by wolves, that you should be reimbursed for your loss. After all, a cow is an asset, and a wolf is protected by the federal government...oops, well, it used to be anyway.

Thanks a lot, Mr. President. Like I'm really surprised by this. It's just one more black mark on a pitch-black environmental record.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home