Coyote's Canyon Journal

"Now I see the secret of the making of the best persons. It is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth." -- Walt Whitman, Song of the Open Road

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canyon State of Mind, United States

I enjoy writing. I don't actually make a living with my English degree, so I keep a blog for fun. The blog is first draft, and as a former editor I apologize for any weird errors that may be present. I do not apologize for writing about things that matter to me. Thanks for reading.

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

I'm suffering from scandal fatigue.

*sigh*

I just can't think of anything else to write about Plamegate/Delay/Frist/Miers. What more is there to say that most sane, thinking people are saying already? I must say that I enjoy readingJoe Gandelman's awesome The Moderate Voice blog the most in all of this White-House-in-Crisis-'05 stuff. That is probably why I haven't written as much lately; Gandelman and his cronies are doing all this great work, gathering the best of the blogosphere, and I get caught up reading...and reading. I would probably write the same things, but so many other people do such a better job of it than I could--so I've been going hiking and checking out podcasting.

Perhaps it's time to simply take a breather and take stock in the year, since it has flown by at an alarming rate. I have been enjoying the weather and enjoying nature a whole heckuva lot more than sitting around in front of the computer, and before winter gets here it is imperative to get good hiking done. Sunset tonight with the fall colors was warm and pleasant, gold and yellow, and fall days are very few. You have to get out and experience the beauty so you have some perspective when you finally sit back down in front of the computer. I don't live here to be tortured by wacky locals and the lack of a dentist and Wal-Mart; I live here because it's so damn gorgeous and I get out and wallow in it.

Maybe I should do a podcast. I think it would be funny. At least I hope it would be funny. I would try not to say "um." At all. Because I really hate that. I may get a whole new web site and blog just for the podcast. It should be interesting if I move forward with it. Ah well...

*sigh*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home