Coyote's Canyon Journal

"Now I see the secret of the making of the best persons. It is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth." -- Walt Whitman, Song of the Open Road

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canyon State of Mind, United States

I enjoy writing. I don't actually make a living with my English degree, so I keep a blog for fun. The blog is first draft, and as a former editor I apologize for any weird errors that may be present. I do not apologize for writing about things that matter to me. Thanks for reading.

Monday, November 13, 2006

Men from Texas.

Now, I don't usually wax poetic about anything other than the United States (which I keep typing as "Untied," a very disturbing typo). However, I will usually try to write about something fluffy and happy about once every two to six months, I guess, which brings me to today.

Men from Texas. And I mean guys that were BORN there, not in wherever Connecticut.

There's Matthew McConaughey. Texan and Scots-Irish...extra points--and from Uvalde County, one of the prettiest places in Texas. Dennis Quaid. He's been hot from day one, and he only gets better every year. Luke and Owen Wilson...not exactly totally hot, but funny and cute. Which means they're inexplicably attractive. George Strait. Words can't do George justice. At the least, he's a perfect southern gentleman--and very handsome. At the most, who knows? He's an enigma. Which makes him very desirable.

And, of course, my husband...from El Paso (he always says El Paso is a good place to be from). He's very cute, AND irritating. And endearing. It must be true love. His great-great grandfather ran for governor of Texas in 1890 as a third-party candidate; he lost to Jim Hogg. No matter. He was a respected judge, and beloved by Texans everywhere. He's buried in Stephenville, Texas, where his son later built the county courthouse that still stands today. We've been meaning to get on over to Stephenville one of these days and see the courthouse--I'm very interested in seeing it, AND I'm very interested in dropping on down to Dublin, Texas, 11 miles away, to the last small Dr. Pepper bottling plant in the USA. They still use cane sugar in their Dr. Pepper recipe, and it is SO, so delicious...yum.

There is a lot to love about Texas; my husband wants to move back there eventually. I'm not against the idea. The state is amazing in many ways, the greatest of which is its diversity of ideas and people...let alone the awesome food and creative arts scene. And, of course, there are the men of Texas. What else is there to say?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home