Coyote's Canyon Journal

"Now I see the secret of the making of the best persons. It is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth." -- Walt Whitman, Song of the Open Road

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canyon State of Mind, United States

I enjoy writing. I don't actually make a living with my English degree, so I keep a blog for fun. The blog is first draft, and as a former editor I apologize for any weird errors that may be present. I do not apologize for writing about things that matter to me. Thanks for reading.

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Bobcats are just cats.

Woman unwittingly rescues injured bobcat - Yahoo! News

This story...is ridiculous! Check this quote from the vet:

Veterinarian Andy Duke said the women were "extremely lucky" that the bobcat, which had a broken paw, did not panic and injure them.

They were in "a lot of danger," Duke said.


Ok. An eleven-pound bobcat kitten that has been lying on the road, probably starving, is not going to put up a fight. An eleven-pound bobcat is the size of an average house cat, which any cat owner knows could be just as "potentially dangerous" as handling a bobcat, especially if the cat is hurt.

Then comes the psychic bobcat mind-meld from the rescuing lady:

Eldred believes the bobcat didn't harm them because it sensed they were trying to help.


It sensed? Oh dear. It was probably really HUNGRY because it couldn't hunt with a broken paw. Hunger will make any living thing weak and unable to move.

One of our cats just scratched my husband and drew blood. See? All cats are potentially dangerous.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home