Coyote's Canyon Journal

"Now I see the secret of the making of the best persons. It is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth." -- Walt Whitman, Song of the Open Road

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canyon State of Mind, United States

I enjoy writing. I don't actually make a living with my English degree, so I keep a blog for fun. The blog is first draft, and as a former editor I apologize for any weird errors that may be present. I do not apologize for writing about things that matter to me. Thanks for reading.

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Food isn't cheap anymore.


Food | The silent tsunami | Economist.com

Oh my GOD. Read this article. Most of the rest of the world is getting ready to have a very, very bad year. Many people will most likely starve, perhaps to death.

Start stock-piling bulk foods in the basement. At the least you could save a lot of money on food costs over the next year. At the worst, it could keep you alive.

You might be thinking that a food crisis could never happen here in the USA. Think about this, though...we're one huge natural disaster away from total economic disruption, which would include transportation of goods to store shelves.

Are you ready for that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home