Coyote's Canyon Journal

"Now I see the secret of the making of the best persons. It is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth." -- Walt Whitman, Song of the Open Road

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canyon State of Mind, United States

I enjoy writing. I don't actually make a living with my English degree, so I keep a blog for fun. The blog is first draft, and as a former editor I apologize for any weird errors that may be present. I do not apologize for writing about things that matter to me. Thanks for reading.

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

IKEA rocks.

IKEA | Home

IKEA is crazy cool. Me, hubby, and my in-laws drove up to Cincinnati today to visit the latest IKEA store in America. It was just as great as I remember it being when we went in Austin last spring.

Today, we got new utensils and new plates, as well as a sofa cover, a bathroom rug, a cool kid toy for my youngest niece, a REALLY cool gift for my younger sister's b-day, tumblers, super-cool bar measure/shot glasses that look like they came out of a chemistry lab, and we fell in love with their new LED light fixtures, as well as their meatballs.

The number of Ohioans shopping in the store was formidable for a Tuesday afternoon. The place was pretty crowded; we found out from our cashier that today's numbers were NOTHING compared to Sunday afternoon's, where check-out lines were all open and people were ten or more deep.

It was a long drive, but really not much longer than the drive we made from Grand Canyon to Flagstaff, and certainly a shorter drive than when we lived in Utah and had to shop, which was a two-hour-and-fifteen-minute trek each way just to go to Wal-Mart.

Yeah. 2:15. Each way.

It makes me all crafty, as in...I want to create an entire living space that is my personal project that is outfitted from IKEA. I want to buy some land, build a fishing shack kind of get-away cabin, and get busy.

I always want to buy land, though. It is a perpetual state of my being--always has been, always will be. My husband asks me test questions sometimes, like..."So you want that huge ring?" Or, "Do you want a bunch of jewelry?"

My answer is always, "That's not the kind of real estate I'm interested in."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home