Coyote's Canyon Journal

"Now I see the secret of the making of the best persons. It is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth." -- Walt Whitman, Song of the Open Road

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canyon State of Mind, United States

I enjoy writing. I don't actually make a living with my English degree, so I keep a blog for fun. The blog is first draft, and as a former editor I apologize for any weird errors that may be present. I do not apologize for writing about things that matter to me. Thanks for reading.

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Ack!

The Moderate Voice - Major Bush Donor Indicted

Ok, what next? This week is going down the tubes quickly for GWB. I was not surprised this morning by Harriet Miers' withdrawl from the Supreme Court nomination. From MSNBC.com:

"The White House said Miers had withdrawn because of senators’ demands to see internal documents related to her role as counsel to the president. But politics played a larger role: Bush’s conservative backers had doubts about her ideological purity, and Democrats had little incentive to help the nominee or the embattled GOP president."

To me, it is very clear that her White House counsel days may be entangled in other scandals, like Plamegate and Gitmo. And lord knows the White House wouldn't want anything newsworthy showing up now--but then again, what ELSE could go wrong? Geez. I suppose we will all find out when Patrick Fitzgerald makes his move. Apparently, Fitzgerald has launched a web site and rented out more office space in DC. What on earth could that portend? It doesn't sound like he's leaving any time soon, that's for sure...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home