Coyote's Canyon Journal

"Now I see the secret of the making of the best persons. It is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth." -- Walt Whitman, Song of the Open Road

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canyon State of Mind, United States

I enjoy writing. I don't actually make a living with my English degree, so I keep a blog for fun. The blog is first draft, and as a former editor I apologize for any weird errors that may be present. I do not apologize for writing about things that matter to me. Thanks for reading.

Thursday, September 21, 2006

California sues car makers

California sues car groups over emissions - MSNBC.com

"California on Wednesday launched an unusual legal offensive against six of the world's biggest carmakers over the greenhouse gases emitted by their vehicles.

"The lawsuit seeks to hold the carmakers responsible for the effects of global warming in the largest state in the US. These include beach erosion, a reduction in the snow pack on which California relies for much of its water, and heightened risk of wildfires."


Really? Is a judge really going to hear this case? Or will it be thrown out on lack of evidence? Because last I heard, nobody really knows what causes global warming, exactly. Why wouldn't California also be suing second/third-world countries like China and India that dump tons of carbon waste into to atmosphere as well?

Good going California. Way to kick a dog when it's down already (with Ford and GM practically going out of business) AND waste your taxpayer's dollars. Instead of providing usable public transportation and creating incentives for citizens to use public transportation, you build massive freeways that support the auto industry, then you sue them for pollution, even after demanding emissions inspections for autos. Wacky!

This case is weak weak weak, and so typically "Californian" somehow. Instead of doing something positive and being a beacon for other states to look to, they are pointing fingers and crying. They helped create this mess by building twelve-lane freeways! In my view, the State of California is just a guilty as the car makers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home