Coyote's Canyon Journal

"Now I see the secret of the making of the best persons. It is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth." -- Walt Whitman, Song of the Open Road

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canyon State of Mind, United States

I enjoy writing. I don't actually make a living with my English degree, so I keep a blog for fun. The blog is first draft, and as a former editor I apologize for any weird errors that may be present. I do not apologize for writing about things that matter to me. Thanks for reading.

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Iraq War makes terrorism worse.

Leaked intelligence report rocks Bush election stance - Yahoo! News

"The report, Trends in Global Terrorism: Implications for the United States, says "the Iraq war has made the overall terrorism problem worse," an official familiar with the document told The Times.

"The Washington Post said the report described the Iraq conflict as the primary recruiting vehicle for violent Islamic extremists."


I had heard for years on political talk shows that the Iraq War made terrorism worse. I had believed it to be true, to be sure. Now our own intelligence agencies agree: terrorism is WORSE because of it! Will this hurt the GOP in November? Will people go to the polls and, zombie-like, keep voting for the same people?

My favorite definition of crazy is someone that keeps doing the same thing over and over expecting a different outcome. Do voters expect that congress will miraculously improve? That the national debt will go away? That the war will end? Voters awaken! I can't imagine why people aren't more amenable to voting congress-critters out of office on a regular basis. The country would be so much better for it.

Remember, change that is unknown is better than the crappy, same-thing-different-day known. Anything and anyone different in DC sure as heck couldn't be worse (crossing my fingers and knocking on wood here).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home