Coyote's Canyon Journal

"Now I see the secret of the making of the best persons. It is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth." -- Walt Whitman, Song of the Open Road

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canyon State of Mind, United States

I enjoy writing. I don't actually make a living with my English degree, so I keep a blog for fun. The blog is first draft, and as a former editor I apologize for any weird errors that may be present. I do not apologize for writing about things that matter to me. Thanks for reading.

Sunday, September 24, 2006

New Orleans Dome Party

New Orleans proudly gets ready to host a huge party at the Dome

I don't watch football. I don't like it very much, at all. In fact, I'd rather do anything than actually watch a football game. ANYTHING. My in-laws are huge football fans, and I have been privy to college bowl game tickets in my recent past. The games I actually saw in person were much more fun than the corporate commercial orgy that viewers are subjected to while watching a game on television. I was very impressed with Texas A & M's marching band--WOW! They are fantastic!

Regardless of my great dislike for this great American past time (ugh--it pains me to even think that, let alone type it...the "great American past time" part, that is), I am not one to say anything bad about a reason to feel happy in New Orleans these days, and the Saints returning to the Superdome could be one of the happiest post-Katrina moments ever, if not THE happiest.

I heard that the St. Charles streetcar line will be running by the end of the year as well. While we were there in July, city crews were tearing down the old lines and poles and installing new ones, but we saw no St. Charles cars on the line. They were still being used on the Canal Street line, biding their time. This will no doubt be a happy moment for the city as well, and I think I might be present to participate in this one as we will be living right on St. Charles. New Orleans is a party town and no event is too small a reason for a party. I'm sure the streetcars' return to St. Charles will be a major event. I can't wait!

I wish the Saints well, and I hope that their fans may also have a win to celebrate on Monday night. But I won't watch the game...because I don't watch football.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home