Coyote's Canyon Journal

"Now I see the secret of the making of the best persons. It is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth." -- Walt Whitman, Song of the Open Road

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canyon State of Mind, United States

I enjoy writing. I don't actually make a living with my English degree, so I keep a blog for fun. The blog is first draft, and as a former editor I apologize for any weird errors that may be present. I do not apologize for writing about things that matter to me. Thanks for reading.

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

MySpace & voters.

MySpace launches voter-registration plan - Yahoo! News

Look...if this effort by MySpace.com is to sign up its users to vote, then I'm really afraid. Seriously. Just go and look at any MySpace page and you'll be immediately disgusted if you prefer decent web page formatting and design, the proper use of English, or meeting people with an IQ over 90. If anyone that actually uses MySpace has a clue about issues, candidates, or the government that would indicate that they are an informed voter, then they are in the teeny-tiny minority.

MySpace.com is a perfect cesspool of almost everything that is wrong with the internet; it's like a 7th grade boy's idea of how the internet should work. I don't get it, I absolutely despise having to go and look at anything that might be on a MySpace page, and I am always disappointed. I was shocked to see that Michiu Kaku had a MySpace page. Of course, it sucked. And I love Michiu Kaku (he's a theoretical physicist that is interviewed often because he makes physics easy to understand).

Maybe I'm an e-snob. Ok, fine. I have standards when I have time to hang out on the internet. But maybe it goes deeper than that. MySpace.com was recently purchased by News Corp. That's right...they are the same idiots that own Fox News. Need I say more? I do my best to avoid giving any money or time to any News Corp. media outlet. So it makes complete sense to me that MySpace is for those less blessed with intelligence and junior-high kids since Fox News is always pandering to lowest common IQ.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home