Coyote's Canyon Journal

"Now I see the secret of the making of the best persons. It is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth." -- Walt Whitman, Song of the Open Road

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canyon State of Mind, United States

I enjoy writing. I don't actually make a living with my English degree, so I keep a blog for fun. The blog is first draft, and as a former editor I apologize for any weird errors that may be present. I do not apologize for writing about things that matter to me. Thanks for reading.

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

BBC: alien rain fell on India

BBC NEWS | Searching for 'our alien origins'

I was just finishing my first cup of coffee and I had to shake my head a couple of times, AND reread this article to get it through my consciousness.

And now that I've read it twice, my only question is why would the BBC put a story like this out on the Science section front? Maybe Coast to Coast AM will talk about it--they will most likely talk about it--but the BBC?
Last summer, Horizon had exclusive access to a trip taken by Professor Wickramasinghe to India to investigate at first hand the red rain phenomenon.

He met Dr Louis and together they visited the people who had witnessed the red rain.

He was able to see the recent work of Dr Louis which shows that the red rain can replicate at 300C, an essential attribute of a space micro-organism that might have to endure extreme temperatures.

All this has convinced Professor Wickramasinghe that the red rain is a form of alien life.
I am not a fiction reader, usually. But I could SWEAR I read a Dean Koontz book with the premise of an "alien rain" that fell on the world, and then the body-snatching horror began right after that.

This story is freaking me right out. I need more coffee...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home