Coyote's Canyon Journal

"Now I see the secret of the making of the best persons. It is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth." -- Walt Whitman, Song of the Open Road

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canyon State of Mind, United States

I enjoy writing. I don't actually make a living with my English degree, so I keep a blog for fun. The blog is first draft, and as a former editor I apologize for any weird errors that may be present. I do not apologize for writing about things that matter to me. Thanks for reading.

Friday, September 29, 2006

Gozales v. Federal Courts

Gonzales cautions judges on interfering - Yahoo! News

Aren't judges supposed to judge cases according to their own experience and background, as well as legal precedents? Isn't that why they are judges in the first place?

This article disgusts me--especially this part:

The attorney general did not refer to any specific case or decision but only to wartime, military and foreign affairs cases in general.


So he didn't even give an example of what he meant...only an admonition for courts to do the president's bidding, and stop making his job harder by actually hearing these cases. Creepy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home